Our Lady of the Angels School was founded in 1947 under the leadership of Father M. Charles Carey, the pastor of Our Lady of the Angels Parish, and the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur. The educational principles of Our Lady of the Angels School are based on those of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, who in 1804 envisioned a teaching order, flexible enough to interpret the needs of changing times and to adapt itself to them. They entrusted the teachers with the obligation to educate the students to be aware of what is happening in their lives, and be able to assume responsibility to themselves and others. Although the Sisters no longer staff the school, their loving legacy continues. Our educational objectives are geared to the spiritual, academic, social, and physical growth of the whole child as a member of the Christian community, with responsibilities to God, oneself and others.
Our Lady of the Angels School is a traditional Catholic school, rich in history, dedicated to success through excellence in education, leading students toward their fullest potential with Christ as their guide.
Our Lady of the Angels School will prepare students to become independent thinkers who base their actions upon the religious foundations of Jesus Christ. They will continue to be nurtured and grow through their daily interactions among peers, school personnel, parents, and community. Every child will be recognized as an individual and a contributing member of a community that embraces, with respect and acceptance, the cultural, social, and educational differences of its members. The students will recognize their role as responsible participants in an environment that promotes compassion and service for all God's children through outreach projects. Faculty will be encouraged to continue their professional development in an effort to incorporate new and effective programs into a curriculum that is aimed at allowing the opportunity for each child to reach his/her maximum potential as a student, a citizen, and a child of God.